- A shortage of money or resources.
- The amount by which something is less than what is required or expected.
Late middle english: from latin deficit "it fails", from deficere, from de- "away from" + facere "do".
- The government has a deficit of several billion dollars.
- The company's deficit is a cause for concern.
- The trade deficit of the country is increasing.
- The school's budget deficit was covered by donations from parents.
- The deficit in his education was evident in his lack of basic knowledge.
Some random words: propagandize, bag, stepchild