A person who is trained to perform underwater diving missions, especially in military or law enforcement contexts.
The origin of the term 'frogman' is unclear, but it is thought to derive from the fact that frogmen often wear frogman suits or other types of diving gear.
- The frogmen were sent in to defuse the underwater bombs.
- The frogman swam to the sunken ship to retrieve valuable items.
- The frogman's mission was to gather intelligence on enemy naval activity.
- The frogman had to be rescued after his oxygen ran out during a dive.
- The frogman team was instrumental in the search and rescue mission following the disaster.