A man who is supported by a woman, especially an older woman, in return for his companionship or sexual favors.
From french gigolo, from gigue "a fiddle" (from the idea of a man who lives off a woman).
- He was known to be a gigolo and had many older women supporting him.
- He was living off wealthy women as a gigolo.
- He was accused of being a gigolo and exploiting older women for money.
- The gigolo's days were numbered as his latest benefactor had grown tired of him.
- The society frowns upon gigolos and their lifestyle.