- A whole number, not a fraction.
- A number that can be written without a fractional component.
From latin integer ("whole, entire, complete"), from intus ("within") + agere ("to d.o")
- The sum of two integers is also an integer.
- The number of apples is an integer.
- The integer part of a number is obtained by discarding any fractional component.
- An integer is a number that can be written without a fractional component.
- Integers include positive whole numbers, negative whole numbers, and zero.