- A tropical American tree or shrub with purple, blue, or lilac flowers, especially Jacaranda mimosifolia.
- The wood of the jacaranda tree.
- The flower of the jacaranda tree.
Early 19th century: from spanish, from taíno, the language of the indigenous people of the west indies.
- The jacaranda tree is known for its beautiful, fragrant flowers.
- The jacaranda wood is strong and durable, used for furniture and flooring.
- The jacaranda flower is a symbol of spring in many parts of the world.
- The jacaranda tree was brought to Europe from South America in the 19th century.
- The jacaranda's shade is cool and inviting, making it a popular tree for parks and gardens.
Some random words: plenipotentiary, letterhead, functional