- A type of fabric characterized by an intricate, raised pattern that is created using a jacquard loom.
- A machine or device, such as a loom, that creates a jacquard pattern in fabric.
From the name of joseph marie jacquard, french inventor of the mechanical loom (1752–1834).
- The dress was made from a jacquard fabric with a floral pattern.
- The jacquard loom is a mechanical loom that creates complex patterns in fabrics.
- Jacquard fabrics are often used for upholstery and curtains.
- The jacquard pattern on the tie was created using a special weaving technique.
- A jacquard weave is a type of textile weave with an intricate pattern created using a jacquard attachment on a loom.