A rare and valuable mineral that is a type of jade, typically green in color, and used for making jewelry and sculptures.
From the spanish word "piedra de ijada" which means "stone of the side".
- Jadeite is a highly prized gemstone and is often used in high-end jewelry.
- Jadeite is a pyroxene mineral, and it is harder and more durable than nephrite, another type of jade.
- Jadeite is found in metamorphic rocks and is formed under high pressure and temperature.
- Jadeite is also used in carvings and sculptures, and it is considered a precious stone in many cultures.
- Jadeite is often associated with the color green, but it can also be white, pink, lavender, or other colors.