- A large wild cat found mainly in Central and South America, the jaguar has a yellow-brown coat with black spots, and is an apex predator in its ecosystem.
- A big wild feline found mainly in Central and South America, characterized by its yellow-brown coat with black spots, and is a top predator in its habitat.
Early 17th century: from portuguese jaguar, from tupi yaguára.
- The jaguar is an apex predator, hunting deer and peccaries.
- The jaguar is an elusive and powerful animal.
- The jaguar's coat pattern is unique and helps it camouflage in the jungle.
- The jaguar is an important cultural symbol in many South American cultures.
- The jaguar population is threatened by habitat loss and hunting.