A jailbird refers to a person who has been or is currently incarcerated in jail or prison.
The word jailbird is derived from the words "jail" meaning "a prison" and "bird" meaning "a person".
- He is a jailbird who had been in and out of prison.
- She is a jailbird who had been sentenced for embezzlement.
- The jailbirds were kept in the maximum security prison.
- The jailbirds were given work to do while they were in prison.
- The jailbirds were released on parole after serving their sentences.
Some random words: pout, hobble, four-wheel