- To make a harsh, metallic, ringing sound when struck or shaken.
- To cause a discordant or unpleasant noise or sound.
Derived from the middle english word 'jangelen' meaning to tinkle or clatter.
- The keys jangled as she rummaged through her purse, looking for the phone.
- The wind chimes jangled in the breeze, making a melodic yet haunting sound.
- The coins jangled in his pocket, reminding him of the money he had spent.
- The bracelets jangled on her wrist, as she waved her hand in the air.
- The guitars jangled in the background, as the singer started the next song.