A crested, often brightly colored bird found mainly in the northern hemisphere, typically having a loud call.
Old english gēa, of germanic origin; related to dutch gaai and german gai.
- The Blue Jay is a common sight in backyard bird feeders.
- Jay's are known for their bright blue and white plumage.
- The Gray Jay is a common resident of the boreal forests.
- The Jay is a corvid, a family of birds that also includes crows and ravens.
- Jay's are known for their intelligence and problem-solving abilities.