- A noisy, talkative person.
- A blue jay bird.
The word is first recorded in the early 19th century and is believed to be derived from the noisy and playful habits of the blue jay bird.
- She's a real jaybird, always talking and never stopping.
- The blue jaybirds were chirping and flitting about in the trees.
- Her boss was a jaybird, always giving orders and never letting anyone else speak.
- The jaybird's bright blue plumage was a stunning sight against the green foliage.
- Everyone in the office knew that the jaybird was the biggest gossip in the building.