- A close-fitting knit or woven shirt, typically made of wool or cotton.
- A soft woolen or cotton fabric with a smooth surface and a slightly ribbed back, used for making clothing.
- A sports shirt worn as part of a uniform by a member of a team.
Early 19th century: named after jersey, one of the channel islands, where it was first made.
- She wore a red jersey to the game.
- The soccer team was outfitted in new jerseys.
- The sweater was made of a warm woolen jersey.
- She sewed a new dress from a soft jersey material.
- The basketball players wore matching jerseys with their team logo.