Jetsam refers to goods or debris that are cast off or thrown overboard from a ship or aircraft and washed ashore.
The word jetsam is derived from the word "jettison" meaning "to throw overboard from a ship".
- The beach was covered in jetsam after the shipwreck.
- The jetsam included barrels, crates, and debris.
- Jetsam are valuable materials that are cast off during shipwrecks.
- Jetsam can include anything that is no longer needed on a ship or aircraft.
- Jetsam can include anything that is thrown overboard to lighten a ship or aircraft in distress.