- A structure built out from the shore into the sea, river, or lake for protection or for landing and loading goods.
- A pier or wharf used for loading and unloading vessels.
Derived from the french word 'jetee' meaning a pier or a breakwater.
- The tourists gathered on the jetty, to watch the sunset and the boats passing by.
- The fishermen brought their catch to the jetty, to sell it to the local markets.
- The ships docked at the jetty, to take on supplies and passengers.
- The children played on the jetty, jumping from one wooden plank to another.
- The boats moored at the jetty, waiting for the next high tide to sail away.