- A jigger refers to a small measure of liquid, typically used in the context of bartending or cocktail making, equal to about 1.5 fluid ounces (44 milliliters).
- A jigger also refers to a small, hand-operated machine for drilling or boring holes in wood, metal, or other materials.
The word jigger is a word of uncertain origin.
- The bartender used a jigger to measure the gin for the martini.
- The recipe called for a jigger of vermouth and two jiggers of gin.
- The carpenter used a jigger to drill holes in the wood.
- A jigger is a small, hand-operated machine for drilling or boring holes.
- A jigger is a machine that is used to make small holes in metal or wood.