Jingoism refers to an extreme and aggressive patriotism, characterized by a willingness to aggressively defend one's country, even at the expense of other countries or international relations.
The word jingoism is derived from the phrase "by jingo" meaning "an expression of extreme patriotism or chauvinism".
- The rally was marked by jingoism and slogans of nationalism fervor.
- He was accused of jingoism for his aggressive foreign policy.
- She was criticized for her jingoistic attitude towards other countries.
- Jingoism can lead to aggressive foreign policy and increase the likelihood of war.
- Jingoism can lead to a lack of empathy and understanding for people from other countries.