Jingoistic refers to the characteristics of being jingoism, characterized by a willingness to aggressively defend one's country, even at the expense of other countries or international relations.
The word jingoistic is derived from the word "jingoism" which means an extreme and aggressive patriotism.
- The politician was jingoistic in his speeches.
- His jingoistic views led to conflicts with other countries.
- She was criticized for her jingoistic attitudes towards immigrants.
- Jingoistic statements can lead to aggressive foreign policy and increase the likelihood of war.
- Jingoistic attitudes can lead to a lack of empathy and understanding for people from other countries.