A jobseeker refers to a person who is actively looking for work.
The word jobseeker is derived from the words "job" meaning "a paid position of regular employment" and "seeker" meaning "a person looking for something".
- He was a jobseeker looking for work.
- She was a jobseeker who had been unemployed for several months.
- The jobseeker was looking for a job in the field of finance.
- The jobseeker had many qualifications but couldn't find a job.
- The jobseeker had many years of experience but still couldn't find a job.