- A horse-racing rider.
- A person who operates or rides something, especially a machine, vehicle, or aircraft.
- A person who manipulates or manages something skilfully or for their own advantage.
Late 16th century: from the proper name jock, a nickname for john.
- The jockey rode his horse to victory.
- The pilot was a skilled jockey of the aircraft.
- She was a jockey of the stock market, making clever investments.
- The jockey controlled the speed of the race car.
- The jockey expertly guided the boat through the rough water.
Some random words: rehab, nonparticipating, chitterlings