Characterized by joking or jesting; humorous or playful.
Jocular comes from the latin joculus, meaning "joke" or "jester". it first appeared in english in the 17th century.
- He was in a jocular mood and kept cracking jokes throughout the meeting.
- The party had a jocular atmosphere, with everyone laughing and joking.
- She had a jocular tone in her voice, making it clear she was not serious.
- His jocular comments lightened the mood and put everyone at ease.
- She had a jocular way of speaking, always ready to add a touch of humor to any conversation.
Some random words: manhandle, accumulate, narrate