- Connect (two or more things) together so that they become attached.
- Combine or unite (people or organizations) to form a single entity.
- Become a member of (a group or organization).
- Participate or take part in (an activity or event).
- Be present or located at the same place as someone or something else.
Middle english: from old french joindre, from latin jungere "to join".
- Join these two pieces of wood together.
- The companies joined forces.
- She joined the club.
- They joined the parade.
- They joined the group.
- She joined the party.