- A person who works with wood, especially in the making of furniture.
- A tradesperson who specializes in connecting pieces of wood to make furniture, buildings or other structures.
The word 'joiner' comes from the old english 'geongjoinur' meaning a person who works with wood.
- The joiner was a skilled craftsman, able to make beautiful furniture from raw pieces of wood.
- The joiner was hired to build a custom bookshelf for the library.
- The joiner used a variety of tools, including saws, planes, and chisels, to create his works of art.
- The joiner's workshop was filled with the sweet scent of sawdust and the sounds of his tools.
- The joiner was proud of his work, taking great care to ensure that each piece was strong and beautiful.