- The work of a joiner, especially the creation and fitting together of wooden parts in a building or piece of furniture.
- The skill or technique of creating and fitting together joints in woodwork.
Late middle english: from joiner (see joiner) + -y.
- Joinery was once considered a highly specialized trade, requiring years of training and practice.
- Joinery involves cutting and shaping wood pieces to create precise joints and connections.
- Joinery is an essential component of furniture making, allowing the creation of strong, durable pieces.
- The joinery in this antique cabinet is a testament to the skill of the craftsman who made it.
- Modern technology has changed the way joinery is performed, but the basic principles remain the same.