- A remark or story made to provoke laughter or amusement, especially one that is not meant to be taken seriously.
- An amusing or ridiculous situation or thing.
- Something that is not meant to be taken seriously or literally.
Late middle english: from old french jouste, of unknown origin.
- He told a joke to make the audience laugh.
- The situation was no joke, it was serious.
- She didn't think it was a joke when I told her I was leaving.
- It was a running joke among the employees.
- He couldn't tell a joke to save his life.
Some random words: triumvirate, intercultural, collectivism