- A person who is fond of joking and making witticisms; a jester.
- A playing card with a picture of a jester, which is often wild in games.
- A person who does not take things seriously and does not adhere to the rules.
From the middle english word "jokere" meaning "a jester".
- He was the class joker and always had a witty remark.
- The joker card can be used as any card in the deck.
- He played the joker and refused to follow the plan.
- The joker was always making jokes and never seemed to be serious.
- He was called a joker because he didn't take anything seriously.