Inclined to make jokes; humorous in a playful or teasing way.
Jokey is derived from the word "joke", which means a thing said or done to provoke laughter or amusement. it first appeared in english in the 20th century.
- He had a jokey personality, always cracking jokes and making puns.
- She had a jokey attitude towards the situation, trying to lighten the mood.
- The meeting had a jokey tone, with everyone making wisecracks and puns.
- The show had a jokey feel, with the host making jokes and playing pranks on the guests.
- He had a jokey way of speaking, always ready to add a touch of humor to any conversation.