- Feeling or showing cheerful pleasure or delight.
- Full of or characterized by good humour.
- Causing or giving pleasure, delight, or happiness.
Late 16th century: probably from middle english jolif "merry, joyful", from old french jolif, from jol "festivity", from latin gaudium.
- The children were in a jolly mood, playing and laughing.
- She had a jolly laugh that filled the room.
- The party was a jolly affair, with music, dancing, and laughter.
- He was in a jolly good mood, singing and joking with his friends.
- The festive decorations put everyone in a jolly spirit.
Some random words: arterial, terrific, physiology