A bulbous plant of the narcissus genus, which is native to southern Europe and the Mediterranean, and produces spikes of fragrant, yellow, or white flowers.
Jonquil is derived from the french word jonquille, which itself is derived from the spanish word junquillo.
- She adored the sweet fragrance of jonquils in her garden.
- A field of jonquils is a delightful sight in the spring.
- Jonquils are popular cut flowers for use in arrangements.
- The yellow color of jonquils symbolizes friendship.
- The jonquil is the birth flower for the month of April.