To jounce means to bounce or jar violently, as when riding in a vehicle over rough terrain.
The origin of the word jounce is uncertain, it could be derived from the latin word "junctus" meaning "to join" or "to bounce".
- The car jounced along the dirt road.
- The bus jounced over the potholes.
- Jouncing can cause discomfort when riding in a vehicle over rough terrain.
- Jouncing can cause damage to the vehicle or its suspension system.
- Jouncing can be used to describe the effect of a car or a boat moving over rough terrain or water.