- The fleshy part of the lower jaw or cheek.
- The lower jaw or cheek of an animal, especially a pig, used as food.
- Loose flesh hanging from the lower jaw or cheeks of a person.
The word jowl comes from the old english word "geolu", which means the lower part of the cheek, the jaw or the fleshy part of the cheek.
- He had a double chin and jowls that sagged.
- The pig's jowls were used to make bacon.
- He had a prominent jowl, the fleshy part of his lower jaw.
- She had a jowl on her left cheek.
- The jowls on the pig's face were used to make bacon.