The position or office of a judge; the period of time during which one holds this position.
Judgeship comes from the word "judge" which is derived from the old french juge meaning "judge" or "magistrate". it first appeared in english in the 16th century.
- He was appointed to a judgeship on the state supreme court.
- She had been a judge for many years and had a distinguished judgeship.
- The judgeship was a prestigious and highly respected position within the legal community.
- He was elected to the judgeship after a long and successful career as a lawyer.
- The judgeship came with a great deal of responsibility, as the judge was responsible for interpreting the law and making important decisions.