A modern martial art and sport developed in Japan, characterized by throws, holds, and joint locks, and emphasizing physical and mental discipline.
From the japanese word "jūdō" meaning "gentle way".
- He was training in judo to compete in the upcoming tournament.
- The judo class was taught by a black belt sensei.
- Judo is one of the most popular martial arts in the world.
- Judo is a discipline that emphasizes respect, humility and self-control.
- Judo practitioners are trained to use the force of their opponents against them.