- A confused or untidy mass or collection of things.
- A type of word puzzle in which a set of letters must be arranged to form a word.
Late 16th century (as a verb in the sense "mix up, confuse"): of unknown origin.
- The desk was a jumble of papers, books, and pens.
- The child picked through the jumble of toys, looking for the one she wanted.
- She solved the jumble in the newspaper in under a minute.
- The jumble of words made no sense to her.
- The jumble sale was a huge success.
Some random words: benzene, clearinghouse, tailpiece