- An exceptionally large or heavy person, animal, or thing.
- An elephant, especially one of the largest species, Loxodonta africana.
- A large aircraft, especially a large passenger aircraft.
- (Canada, US) A very large cup of coffee or other drink.
Origin uncertain, but probably from swahili jumbe (“chief”).
- The elephant at the zoo was a jumbo.
- The jumbo jet could carry over 500 passengers.
- I ordered a jumbo-sized iced coffee from the drive-thru.
- The restaurant chain is famous for their jumbo margaritas.
- I need a jumbo-sized suitcase for my trip overseas.