A one-piece garment that covers the body from the neck to the ankles, typically with long sleeves and legs and a zipper or snaps at the front.
From the phrase "jump into" meaning putting on a clothing item quickly, and "suit" meaning a set of clothes.
- She wore a blue jumpsuit to the party.
- The astronaut put on his jumpsuit before the mission.
- The jumpsuit was a popular fashion trend in the 1970s.
- The jumpsuit was made of a lightweight, breathable fabric.
- The jumpsuit was a convenient and stylish alternative to traditional separates.