A coniferous tree or shrub with needle-like leaves, berries and a distinctive aroma.
The word 'juniper' originated from the latin word 'juniperus' meaning 'juniper tree'.
- The juniper tree provided shelter for the birds in the forest.
- The juniper berries were used to flavor gin and other spirits.
- The juniper was valued for its durable wood, used in construction and furniture.
- The juniper's unique aroma made it a popular choice for incense and perfumes.
- The juniper was also used for medicinal purposes and as a source of food for wildlife.