- Relating to the authority of a particular legal system or court.
- Determined by or subject to the jurisdiction of a specific court or law enforcement agency.
From the latin word 'juris' meaning law and 'dictio' meaning speaking.
- The police officer explained the jurisdictional dispute, between the federal and state authorities over the case.
- The lawyer argued the jurisdictional issue, in front of the judge to determine which court had the power to hear the case.
- The government addressed the jurisdictional challenge, raised by the human rights activists, to investigate the abuses.
- The citizen sought the jurisdictional information, from the consular office to resolve her legal problems abroad.
- The media reported the jurisdictional controversy, involving the multinational corporation and the host country's laws.