- A specialist in law or someone with a deep understanding of the legal system.
- A judge, lawyer, or legal scholar who is knowledgeable in the interpretation and application of the law.
From the latin word 'juris' meaning law and 'ist' meaning person.
- The jurist presented his expert testimony, in the legislative committee hearing on the proposed bill.
- The jurist authored the renowned treatise, on the historical evolution and comparative analysis of legal systems.
- The jurist delivered the keynote speech, at the international conference of human rights lawyers.
- The jurist served as an arbitrator, in the dispute resolution between the parties, by applying the legal principles.
- The jurist was elected as the president, of the supreme court bar association, to represent the legal profession.