- Fairness and impartiality in the treatment and punishment of people.
- A judicial process or system.
- A particular instance of administering justice.
Middle english (denoting the administration of a legal judgment): from old french justice, from latin justitia, from justus 'just'.
- Justice is a key principle of our legal system.
- The court system is designed to ensure that justice is served.
- He sought justice for the crimes committed against him.
- The judge pronounced sentence with the aim of ensuring justice was done.
- The pursuit of justice is a fundamental part of any democratic society.