- A reason or explanation given to defend or justify a particular course of action or decision.
- The action or process of making something appear right or reasonable.
From old french justification, from latin iustificatio, from iustificare 'to make just'.
- The justification for the policy change was based on a detailed economic analysis.
- The justification for the war was that it would bring about lasting peace and stability.
- The justification for the new tax was that it would fund important public services.
- The justification for the proposed rule change was that it would increase fairness in the game.
- The justification for the decision was that it was in the best interest of the company and its shareholders.
Some random words: thorough, proconsul, schoolhouse