- Relating to young people or childhood.
- Immature or childish in behavior or manner.
From middle english iuvenil, from latin iuvenīlis, from iuvenis 'young man, youth'.
- The juvenile detention center was a place for young offenders to receive help and support.
- The juvenile animals were playful and full of energy, always exploring their surroundings.
- The juvenile behavior was a source of frustration for the adults, who wished the children would act more maturely.
- The juvenile actors were inexperienced but full of talent and potential.
- The juvenile book series was a hit with children and adults alike, due to its witty humor and imaginative story.