- A large marsupial with a long tail, short forelimbs, and powerful hind legs for hopping, found in Australia and on nearby islands.
- A female kangaroo that has given birth to at least one joey.
From dharug gannguru.
- The kangaroo hopped across the grassy plain, its powerful hind legs propelling it forward.
- The city zoo had a exhibit of kangaroos which visitors could watch and learn about.
- The kangaroo is a symbol of Australia and features prominently on the national coat of arms.
- The kangaroo's pouch is used to carry and protect its young, called joeys.
- The hunter tracked the kangaroo through the brush, but was unable to get a clear shot.