A fine white clay mineral, composed mostly of kaolinite, used in ceramics, papermaking, and other industrial applications.
The word kaolin comes from the chinese "gao-ling" which means "high ridge" and it"s a name of a hill in china where the clay was first mined. kaolin is a white clay mineral made of aluminum silicate and it is also known as china clay.
- Kaolin is used as a filler and a coating in the paper industry.
- The pottery was made from kaolin, which gives it a fine white finish.
- The paint was thickened using kaolin, which helps to improve the consistency of the paint.
- The cosmetic products contain kaolin, which helps to absorb excess oil from the skin.
- Kaolin is a key ingredient in the production of porcelain, which is known for its translucence and strength.