- The force generated by a person"s actions thought to determine the shape of that person"s future life.
- The effects of a person's actions that determine his destiny in his next incarnation.
From sanskrit कर्म (karma, "action, work").
- Karma is a word that is commonly used to describe the idea that our actions have consequences.
- Many people believe that good karma will lead to a happy and successful life, while bad karma will lead to suffering.
- In the context of Eastern religions, karma refers to the spiritual principle of cause and effect where the actions of a person, both in this life and in previous lives, ultimately determine his destiny.
- The concept of karma is central to the belief systems of Buddhism and Hinduism.
- Some people believe that karma is like a kind of cosmic scorecard that keeps track of our actions and determines our fate.