A small, simple musical instrument consisting of a hollow metal or plastic tube with a thin membrane stretched across one end, that produces a buzzing sound when the player hums or speaks into it.
The word kazoo is derived from the name of the african american inventor, alabama vest who created the instrument in the late 19th century.
- He played a song on the kazoo, much to the amusement of his friends.
- The kazoo is a popular instrument for children to learn to play.
- Kazoos are often used in folk music and jug bands.
- The kazoo is a simple instrument to play, but it can be difficult to produce a clear tone.
- A group of kazoo players formed a band and performed at the local fair.
Some random words: surge, outlying, southeastward