- Any of various large brown seaweeds of the order Laminariales that grow in cold coastal waters and are used for food, as a source of iodine, and in the production of alginates and other products.
- A brown seaweed that grows in the colder waters of the sea and can be used for food and to make various products.
From old english cealp, from proto-germanic *kalpaz.
- The kelp forest off the coast of California is home to many marine animals.
- Kelp is a rich source of iodine and other minerals.
- Kelp is used in many Asian cuisines as a vegetable.
- Kelp is also used to make alginates which are used in many industrial products.
- Kelp is also used to make biofuel.
Some random words: hundred, piecemeal, immaterial