- A square piece of cloth or fabric, typically with decorative edges, used for covering the head, neck, or shoulders, or for wiping the face or hands.
- A small square of cloth used for wiping the face or blowing the nose.
From the middle english word kerchef, from old french cuevrechief, from cuevre "cover" + chief "head".
- She wore a red kerchief on her head to keep her hair in place.
- The woman pulled out a kerchief from her pocket to wipe her eyes.
- A kerchief is a small square of cloth that is used to wipe the face or blow the nose.
- Kerchiefs were commonly worn by women as a head covering.
- The kerchief was used to wrap the baby's head in the traditional way.
Some random words: psychopathic, conviction, condom