- The inner part of a seed, nut, or grain that is surrounded by a shell or husk and is capable of growing into a new plant.
- The central or essential part of something, especially one that forms the basis for its existence or development.
- The core of an operating system in a computer, responsible for basic tasks such as memory allocation and system calls.
The word 'kernel' originated from the old english word 'cyrnel' meaning 'a small seed or grain'.
- The kernel of the corn was protected by a tough outer husk.
- The kernel of his argument was that the policy was unjust and unfair.
- The kernel of the operating system manages the basic functions of the computer.
- The kernel of the apple is located at its core, surrounded by its flesh.
- The kernel of his ideas has been the driving force behind his research.
Some random words: unswayed, eminence, disjunction