- A large percussion instrument consisting of a metal or copper shell with a skin stretched over the top that is played by striking it with drumsticks.
- A large, deep-voiced drum used in an orchestra or military band.
Kettledrum is derived from the german word "pauken" meaning drum. the name refers to the drum's shape and size resembling a large cooking kettle.
- The kettledrum is one of the largest instruments in the percussion section of an orchestra.
- The military band used kettledrums to signal the beginning and end of the parade.
- The kettledrum added a deep, powerful sound to the symphony.
- The kettledrum solo was a highlight of the percussion concert.
- The kettledrum was used to provide a strong beat in the marching band.
Some random words: unbroken, dereliction, morass